Thursday 20 February 2014

Inspiring Objects/Creative Journeys

On a second visit to MoDA I looked at another two objects from the 1960s. One was a design magazine and the second was a piece of fabric with a typical 60s pattern.

I found the fabric the most interesting. It was quite large and on a roll. The pattern was split into squares and then had either another square or a circle inside each one. The colour scheme was white, orange and brown. The first thing it reminded my of was a clock that my grandparents had on their kitchen wall that was the same colours.



The second object I choose to look at was a Design magazine from Febuary 1960. I decided on this because it had a wide range of information about all aspects of design, mainly for the home. I liked it because it was more than a brochure - it had analysis and further information about the designers and materials used etc.



No comments:

Post a Comment